About Downtown STL, Inc.
Downtown STL, Inc. (DSI) serves as a catalyst for creating, promoting, and attracting investment, economic activity and vibrancy in Downtown St. Louis, defined as Downtown and Downtown West. DSI is a 501(c)(6) membership-based organization, supported primarily by membership dues and sponsorship. DSI is contracted by the Downtown St. Louis Community Improvement District to implement its management plan, which includes activities related to supporting economic growth.
Downtown STL, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Senior Manager of Community Engagement. This position has significant responsibilities in marketing, membership development, communications, board engagement and project management. While Downtown STL, Inc. outsources its marketing functions, this position manages the relationship with the vendor and provides oversight for marketing and communication initiatives while advising on strategy. Under the direction of the chief operating officer, this employee also leads our membership program, helping improve our engagement with current members and attracting new ones. The Senior Manager of Community Engagement also plays a role in managing board and committee meetings and manages other projects as needed.
The selected candidate will have experience driving results cross-functionally, managing complex projects, leading junior employees or interns, and providing sound counsel on marketing and communication strategy. This employee must have excellent communication skills and work well in a team-based environment.
- Serves as liaison between DSI and the marketing/PR firm, guiding the firm on DSI strategy, keeping it abreast of any market changes and reviewing its work to ensure it is aligned with approved the Marketing & PR plan.
- Provides CEO with initial drafts of communications for the board, membership base or other broad communications.
- Works with chief operating officer to oversee membership program, including growing the membership base, fulfilling member benefits and retaining current members.
- Responsible for planning and overseeing execution of DSI events, including the annual meeting. Works with event production firm and marketing/PR firm to assure event goals are met.
- Works with CEO and COO to organize team and materials for board meetings. Works with support staff to create all materials and manage logistics of the meetings.
- Leads special projects in conjunction with support staff and under the guidance of the CEO or COO.
- Leads or supports assigned board committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing, communications or project management.
- Track record of influencing for results, including cross-functionally and with vendors/partners.
- Excellent communications skills including public speaking and business writing.
- Proven ability to successfully contribute to a team’s results while supporting a positive work culture.
NOTE: Nothing herein shall be construed to create a contract of employment – either expressed or implied; employment being “at will”.
Candidates should respond by email to email@example.com.