About Downtown STL, Inc.
Downtown STL, Inc. (DSI) serves as a catalyst for creating, promoting, and attracting investment, economic activity and vibrancy in Downtown St. Louis, defined as Downtown and Downtown West. DSI is a 501(c)(6) membership-based organization, supported primarily by membership dues and sponsorship. DSI is contracted by the Downtown St. Louis Community Improvement District to implement its management plan, which includes activities related to supporting economic growth.
Downtown STL, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Project Manager & Social Media Coordinator to support its marketing and economic development efforts. In addition to implementing the social media plan, this position manages project work under the guidance of the Director of Economic Development and the Senior Manager of Community Engagement.
The selected candidate will have experience in creating and delivering social media marketing content that aligns with a defined strategy for a business or non-profit organization. This employee must be detail-oriented and have proven success in driving projects from inception to completion. This employee must have excellent communication skills and work well in a team-based environment.
- Creates and delivers social media content according to a defined strategy and content calendar developed in collaboration with DSI’s marketing and PR agency.
- Manages multiple projects effectively by defining milestones, resources and schedules to achieve project goals
- Facilitates and leads regular planning sessions, maintaining communications of project status with project stakeholders
- Identifies risks related to the project milestones and overall health of the project
- Ensures escalation of any roadblock issues and follows-up in a timely, committed manner
- Partners with and motivates cross-functional team to drive projects to completion; exhibits sound judgment on complex issues, fostering collaboration between leaders, teams, and general stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in social media marketing and project management.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office apps
- Superior demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Proven ability to successfully contribute to a team’s results while supporting a positive work culture.
NOTE: Nothing herein shall be construed to create a contract of employment – either expressed or implied; employment being “at will”.
Candidates should respond by email to email@example.com.