The Veterans Day 5K Run/Walk, presented by Keeley Companies, includes a timed 5K, one-mile fun-run, FREE Kids’ Dash and many fun-filled activities. This is a family-friendly event to honor our nation’s heroes and raise awareness for veteran homelessness. Last year, St. Patrick Center helped more than 1,100 veterans (20% of our client population) and their families who were experiencing homelessness.
The Veterans Day 5K Run/Walk event includes a runner’s village featuring:
– Photo opportunities with a bald eagle from the World Bird Sanctuary
– Appearances by Fred Bird & Louie
– Hot dogs, snacks, coffee, hot chocolate, Powerade, water, beer (21+)
– Activities for the whole family including a bubble bus, face-painting and yard games
– Music by DJ Big Papa G and more!