Coming Downtown this weekend? Check out these closures!
Avoid I-44 and I-55 near the Poplar Street Bridge (PSB) this weekend.
Beginning at 8 pm on Friday, MoDOT will close the following lanes and ramps,allowing crews to remove an on-ramp from the depressed lanes to the eastbound PSB.
- All lanes and ramps of I-44 in both directions, from the Tucker Blvd. ramp (north of Downtown) to the exit at Park/7th Street (south of Downtown).
- All lanes and ramps of northbound I-55, from the Gravois ramp to the PSB.
All of the closures, except for the ramp from eastbound I-44 to Walnut, will reopen by 5 am Monday, January 19th. The ramp to Walnut will reopen by 5 am Wednesday, January 21st.
For the best access into Downtown this weekend, use the following routes:
Not coming Downtown this weekend? Detour the closures!
Eastbound I-64 through downtown and to the Poplar Street Bridge, will remain open in both directions this weekend. Below are the detours:
- From eastbound I-70 to eastbound I-64 – use the Tucker ramp (Exit 249B), turn left on Chouteau and turn right on 6th Street, toward the I-64 eastbound on-ramp at 6th Street.
- From eastbound I-70 to southbound I-55 – use the Tucker ramp (Exit 249B), take Tucker through downtown and continue onto Gravois to get to southbound I-55.
- From eastbound I-70 to westbound I-44 – use the Tucker ramp (Exit 249B), take Tucker through downtown, turn right on Lafayette and take the ramp to westbound I-44.
- From northbound I-55 to eastbound I-64 – use the Gravois Ramp (Exit 207A), take Gravois until it becomes Tucker, turn right on Chouteau and left on 6th Street to get on eastbound I-64 at the 6th Street ramp.
- From northbound I-55 to eastbound I-70 – use the Gravois Ramp (Exit 207A), take Gravois until it becomes Tucker, follow Tucker to I-70 eastbound and use the Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge.
- From northbound I-55 to westbound I-70 – use the Gravois Ramp(Exit 207A), take Gravois until it becomes Tucker, turn right on Cass, left on Broadway, left at North Market and turn right to get onto the westbound I-70 ramp at 10th Street.
- From eastbound I-44 to eastbound I-64 – use the exit at Park and 7th (Exit 290C), turn right on Park, left on Broadway, then turn left at the signal at Chouteau, followed by a right on 6th Street to access eastbound I-64.
- From eastbound I-44 to I-70 (in either direction) – use the exit at Park/7th (Exit 290C), turn right on Park, left on Broadway, continue on 4th Street to Convention Plaza and cross under I-44 to enter onto I-70 in either the east or west direction.
Getting Around Downtown STL is a collaboration between CityArchRiver, Downtown STL, Inc. and MoDOT St. Louis.